The Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth, MN is hiring Zoo Camp Teachers for the 2022 summer season. Ideal candidates will have prior experience teaching elementary-aged children, a strong interest in animals, and a background in biology, zoology, or ecology.
Zoo Camp is a summer day camp program run by the Education Department at the Lake Superior Zoo. Each themed camp is four days long (Monday-Thursday) and some camps repeat. Friday is a prep day for the following week. There are two Summer Camp Teachers that are sometimes assisted by interns.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred or minimum 3 years of college study in environmental education, biology, education, or related field
- Previous experience as an informal or formal educator preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with children ages 6-12
- Working knowledge of animals, conservation, learning styles, and interpretation
- Experience with lesson plan development
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Ability to operate as a member of a team
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Availability: Applicants must be available for part-time work/training starting in May. Start date is negotiable and part-time hours are available in April if interested. Zoo Camp begins June 13 and ends August 18.
To apply: See full job description and application instructions on our website: https://lszooduluth.org/about/employment/
Application Deadline: Feb. 25, 2022 or until filled.
Zoo Summer Camp Teacher
Posted: February 1, 2022 by Jamie Madson
Category: Lake Superior Zoo